Monday, May 5, 2008

Bangkok! I have decided to blog after receiving Nurul's call at 9.05! I've been missing n not online for so long she thought I got kidnapped in Thailand n didn't come back -_-

our flight was at 7.10 am! I almost couldn't wake up..crawled outta bed at 5 n bathed n bathed for half an hour..haha..he got a shock when he realised it was so late when I woke him up..we left at 6! n reached the airport at 6.15 cos he's an unrepentant speed demon..tsk tsk..

didn't have time for breakfast b4 boarding..hungry! the flight was a lil uncomfortable cos it was a bit cramped..I didn't bring a jacket..cold! luckily it was only a 2 hour long flight..reckon I sneezed all the way there..when we reached Bangkok it was only 9 am local time!

since we had time..n we wanted to save $$$ on transportation we decided to take a bus from the airport..150 baht per person..which turned out to be a bit funny cos on the last day we took a cab to the airport it cost 300 baht.. -_- SAME THING! kua kua~

our hotel was at Pratunam area..since it was too early to check it..we walked around Pratunam market first..soooooo many things to see..n it was so hot..n DRY! n DUSTY! we didn't know how to cross the roads at first..wah..their traffic is..no law..just follow wad their ppl do!

after walking around a bit..we decided to hunt for our hotel..we stayed at the Baiyoke Boutique! but no luck..still too early..couldn't check in..but we left our luggage at the concierge..lightened our load! =/ more accurately..bf's load..haha! cos his bag contained most of my stuff..he only brought 1 set of everything..

we went nearby to explore a lil..after tat we went back to the hotel..could get our room already! but.....they gave us two single beds! I didn't want! got it changed..

Photobucket
someone's dirty shoes n smelly socks =P n the black walls which I complained n complained about..omg why black?! haha..

n anyway..our room SUCKED..air con wasn't cold..heater wasn't hot..I couldn't take my bath properly..bf had to boil water for me..jugs n jugs of it..zzz

we took a rest for a while cos we were so tired..initial plan was to go to some night markets..BUT we were really exhausted..so we just decided to go to nearby places..we visited Pantip Plaza! an indoor IT shopping mall..it's just like our Sim Lim..all the pirated stuff..we bought 2 games there..BUT..it doesnt work! ^*)^*!!

we had dinner at the food court there..cheap! but..the menu had no English..so we decided wad to eat by looking at pictures..

Photobucket
our mysterious bowl of dunno wad tat tasted real nice! so strange though..some locals ordered it n they added large amounts of sugar into it..so we also added..haha..

went to Central World after tat..super high class place..no point going there to shop! there was tis shop there called "Pisila Lee.." I was laughing at it..I mean..dunno but it just sounds mispronounced..

Photobucket

Photobucket
the exterior..

n oh..IT RAINED..poured..every single day while we were there..it's actually hotter in Singapore..can't believe it..

our feet were screaming out in pain very soon..they felt numb from all the walking..we went for FULL BODY MASSAGE! 200 baht per person..

Photobucket
not a v clear picture..but..we had to change into pyjamas! muaha..the pjs were much too big for me..I could pull it up all the way until my armpits la!

super shiok lei the massage..feet..head..back..shoulders..hands..but certain parts were ticklish la! actually I'm ticklish everywhere..so I kept giggling n squirming..

it was still early after tat so we went for some drinks at Baiyoke Sky! right next to our hotel..it's 8 storeys high! he ordered Grasshopper n for me..Black Russian! but I dun like the taste of Kahlua! so we swapped..Grasshopper tasted much better..the mint cancelled out the taste of alcohol! hehe..

Photobucket
=D free huge basket of popcorn..walloped everything

Photobucket
^^V

Photobucket
very white la I know! dun say le!

Photobucket
view from there! breathtaking hee! plus play of light! I like!

Photobucket
again again! reflections..

Photobucket

n er..back in the room..lol

the T-shirt which he bought was too big! he grumbled..n later decided to act hip hop ghetto superstar..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
haha..remember I said he only brought 1 set of everything? tat's underwear he bought from Pratunam market..$9..

after tat..SLEEP! so so so tired..

next dat..wanted to go River tour! but we couldn't wake up..the alarm rang..n both of us went back to sleep..he kept calling me..but I rolled around..snuggled deeper against the pillows..n slept ever more..SO DID HE! n he said I refused to wake up..pfft! n we missed breakfast..haha! so change of plan..we went to..Chinatown!

went to Siam Paragon to take the BTS! it's just like our Paragon..can't afford anything in there..but I had a cream puff from Beard Papa..WAH SO NICE..I'm tinking about it now n I WANT......................omg =( but just a cream puff there was more expensive than our meals..lol..cos we ate from all the roadside stalls..imagine..40 baht can settle lunch comfortably..tat's less than $2

Photobucket

Photobucket
at the platform..TORTURE! I was busy staring at the picture la..oh..their train is so short! we got a surprise when we stood at the end of the platform n the train didn't reach the end.. -_- funny!

Photobucket
Chinatown! we had lunch at some roadside stall again..so so so nice..I love the food there! so nice n cheap!

we also had Bird's Nest for 200 baht n huge bowl of Shark's Fin for 300 baht! ahhhhhhhh! I'm hungry now!

Chinatown was interesting..I tink they sell EVERYTHING there..accessories..shoes..bags..food..n all in different sections..can get wholesale stuff there! I liked their ice-cream carts! cos they play v cute n happifying music..hehe..

it rained like crazy after tat..we took a Tuk tuk after tat to Patpong..100 baht! kinda pricey but I thought it was fun..haha..like sitting some ride at the carnival..

but Patpong was a mistake! bleah shall not blog about it..

Photobucket
I like tat sign!

Photobucket
bf says it's the red light district!

we left tat horrible place n went back to Pratunam! for yet another foot massage! =P n we ATE after tat..wah we ate n ate n ate lorh..right outside our hotel was tis street where there were many many vendors selling stuff so cheapppppp..satay..prata..squid..chicken skin..prawns..etc..every night we took 100 baht n bought tis kinda food back to our hotel n ate until we almost burst..

pretty cars on display at Central!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ooH..I bought 5 sets of lingerie! muaha..HAPPY! no wonder everyone was telling me to go there n buy! I tink I spent a good 15 mins happily digging into the array of bras for sale..HEHE..4 for 100 baht..WTH!

3rd day..managed to wake up n go for breakfast! tsk tsk..it was...................bad..bf said the nicest thing about the hotel's breakfast was the orange juice..haha! so bitchy..but seriously..there were no plates..n the porridge was just..WATER..

baha..I insisted he take pics with me!

Photobucket

Photobucket

river tour along Chao Phraya river! we took a BTS..n train..to Taksin!

motion sickness on the boat! a bit la..120 baht for whole day unlimited pass! can get off at the stops along the way too! took pictures to take my mind off the rocking motion of the boat..

Photobucket

Photobucket
wah wah..I asked him to act emo he act celebrity! =P

I just got off the phone with him..he asked me not to anyhow post pics or I can wait to receive his lawyer's letter! whahaha!

Photobucket
one of the temples..can't remember which one..Wat Po or Wat Arun? O_O we just went there to take a look..cos I didn't want to climb the stairs..it looked so steep u know!

we found out tat the boat stops at Chinatown! so we went back there again! hehe..shop! leave no stone unturned =P got carried away..so many things to see la..though we were just there the day b4..

the river tour took up a good part of the day..

after tat we went to Platinum mall! wahhhhhhh..wad a fantastic mall ok! soooooooo many clothes..it was so so so big my eyeballs were looking in all directions..haha..just like Far East..X20! when we first stepped in there my bf exclaimed.."WALAO..THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS.." lol! n there was a Dunkin Donut shop right outside..n I DIDN'T BUY! wad was I tinking! blah..

last day! we got up early..n went to Chatuchak! we took a cab there..around 70 baht..but..we didn't have small change! the cabbie got a lil pissy on us n drove us to the bank so we could get money from the atm..humph..I was afraid tat he would drive off with me so I didn't dare stay in the cab by myself..we reached the market around 10.30! which was good..cos it wasn't tat hot..n it got really crowded later on..I liked tat place! just like Bugis street! just maybe fifty times bigger..but the best part about it..was the ANIMALS! omgggggggggg!

I was trying so hard to find the animals..n suddenly..I saw..

Photobucket
itsy bitsy bunnies in teeny weenie cages! I thought they were soft toys! just look at them..ADORABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! can play with them somemore! there were many of them on a table..eating sweet corn..SO SWEEEEEEEEET! I melted! 150 baht only for one! =( why can't I buy back!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
nghhhhhhhhh! their cuteness is making me shiver!

Photobucket
I super love the grey bunny! n the one below was sleeping n dreaming cos he was twitching n waving his paws in his sleep..SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Photobucket
if I had tis bunny..I'd name him Oreo! haha!

Photobucket
balls of fur!

Photobucket
do u spot a husky? SOOOO GORGEOUS! blue eyesssssss!

Photobucket
n I liked the 2nd left dog from the top! its ears are super cute! it looks like WJ! HAHAHA..WJ it's a SPANIEL! *giggles..

Photobucket
hotel lobby!

we extended our room checkout time from 12 to 3 cos our flight was 8.50! at 3.30 it started RAINING..so we couldn't even go out for a walk..we took a cab to the airport..n we waited there for ages..ooH..I had mango sticky rice for the first time! so nice! I want!

Dairy Queen for dinner! sausages n pizza..yum!

oh their airport sux..the waiting area is miniscule..

Photobucket

Photobucket
whee!

I had tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment